Southington Boys Lacrosse Jamboree
Saturday, May 21, 2016
Welcome Jamboree Guests!
The Southington Lacrosse Association welcomes you to the 27th annual Friendship Games.
Coaches, Players and Parents
Our jamboree will be paperless for the most part so please be sure to share this email and the attached documents (including Schedule, Menu, Field Map, No Parking areas) with your team/families ahead of time. Field maps and Schedules will also be posted for all to check.
Please note - Pets are NOT ALLOWED on the high school grounds, as well as charcoal or gas grills. Please understand that this is a rule we must enforce for insurance purposes. Please be sure to share this rule with your parents because every year we upset many parents who have driven a long way and now have to keep their dog in the car for the day.
Games are being held in two locations, Southington High School (Fields 1-5) and Recreation Park (Bantam Fields 1-3).
The address for each location is:
Southington High School, 720 Pleasant Street Southington, CT 06489
Recreation Park 25 Maxwell Noble Drive Plantsville, CT 06479
Some games may be played on the high school's turf field. The following rules must be strictly adhered to:
1) Only coaches and player are allowed on the turf. Spectators must stick to the stands.
2) Only water is allowed on the turf - no food, gatorade, or any beverage other than water. Save the snacks and flavored beverages for after the games.
3) No seeds, nuts, gum, metal or glass containers.
4) No Metal Cleats.
Thank you for complying and ensuring that we will be allowed to use the Turf field for years to come!
All teams (head coaches) should check-in upon arrival at the check-in tent located at the entrance of the jamboree and provide the name and cell phone number of the head coach. Both locations will have a check-in tent. Please check in at the school/location where you will play. Your team will be given a garbage bag at check in. Please urge your team to respect our fields and properly get rid of their trash. There will also be recycling bins scattered throughout. We also ask that you encourage your team to recycle beverage containers. *PLEASE NOTE: THE CHECK-IN LOCATION FOR THE HIGH SCHOOL IS DIFFERENT THIS YEAR. THIS YEAR THE CHECK IN WILL NOT BE AT THE GATE ON PLEASANT STREET. ATTENDEES SHOULD ENTER THROUGH THE GATES BY THE VO-AG BUILDING/TENNIS COURTS. THERE IS A PARKING LOT THERE FOR HANDICAPPED PARKING AND DROP OFF ONLY. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR PARENTS AND PLAYERS ARE MADE AWARE OF THIS CHANGE!
PLEASE BRING YOUR PRINTED SCHEDULES WITH YOU. To save on paper and cost, we will not have coach packets this year. There will be schedules posted and available at the information booth but they will not be distributed. You may want to let your parents know to bring their own schedule as well. If we have to make any changes to the schedule, we will send out a final copy the Friday before the Jamboree (5/20/16).
- Each team will play 4 games.
- We will start promptly at the scheduled times.
- Each game will start with a single LONG HORN BLAST.
- Each game will end with two HORN BLASTS.
- The games will be 25 minute running time, with NO half time.
- There will be 5 minutes between each game to allow for teams to get on and off the fields
We will adhere to federation rules in all divisions with the following changes:
* Substitutions - Only on the fly, on a whistle out of bounds on the sidelines. NO substitutions out of bounds on an end line.
* Penalties - Time served for penalties.
* Body Checking - Four step rule for Junior and Seniors. Bantams - Stick checking only. Coaches are recommended to have a brief pre-game meeting to establish these rules.
* Time Outs - There are no time outs that may be taken during the game other than an official calling a time out for an injury.
* Advancing The Ball - There will be no 20 second count for getting the ball out of the defensive zone to midfield. There will be no 10 second count from midfield to the offensive zone.
* Stalling - Not allowed at any time.
* Foul Language - Any player using foul language or poor sportsmanship is subject to ejection from the games.
* Fighting - will result in instant expulsion.
* Respect The Officials - remember that this is a jamboree and not a tournament. We have worked to get the most experienced group of referees possible for the jamboree. While you have the right to ask what the call was, you SHOULD NOT argue with the call. We appreciate your support in keeping this a positive experience for all.
We will play rain or shine. In the event of lightning we will suspend play and ask that everyone take shelter. Returning to your cars may be the best place to wait. Games will resume 30 minutes after the last lightning is observed. We will resume play with the games that are scheduled at the time the lightning delay ends.
Parking is available in the front parking lot of Southington High School and within the various small lots located throughout Recreation Park. Please remind parents to adhere to NO PARKING restrictions as they are strictly enforced.
During the event, we will have AMR medics on-site located by the vendor booths.
We will have equipment vendors as well as the fine dining from our Southington High School Lacrosse Booster Club Food Tent. The menu for the day will be located on our website in the documents section – www.southingtonlacrosse.org Again this year we will have our Hot Shot Booth, photographers at some locations taking action pictures of the games and a disc jockey providing music!
Also - visit our T-shirt booth where we will have our annual jamboree T-shirt available and some other great items. Credit cards will be accepted at both locations!
ONE LAST REMINDER, AS WE ARE PLAYING ON A TOWN FIELD, PETS AND GRILLS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THIS EVENT. If someone does bring a pet, we must turn you away and we don't want to see your pet have to stay in the car for the day.
Thank you for coming to our jamboree - we look forward to seeing all of your teams on Saturday!
Southington Lacrosse Jamboree Committee Members